For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
An independent IP right
It has been possible to protect three-dimensional structures in the field of semiconductors as topographies since 1993. This is a separate IP right. The exact requirements and term of protection are set out in the Topographies Act (TopoA) (in German).
Semiconductor topographies can be registered with the IPI. The topography will be registered if the application documents are correct in accordance with Art. 14 TopoA and the application fee has been paid. The term of protection for a registered topography is usually 10 years (Art. 9 TopoA).
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us > Contact Centre
What are the formalities necessary for topography protection?
Applying to register a topography is simple: submit an application form (German (doc), French (doc) and Italian (doc)) containing the necessary details along with documentation identifying the topography, and pay the required fee. The examination is a mere formality. The topography itself is not examined.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"