For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Updating your register entry
In order for all interested parties to be able to access up-to-date information on Swissreg and in the Trade Mark Database, please inform us of any changes to your name, your company, your address or your representative. Theses changes to the register are free of charge.
Please note that you cannot change a trade mark or extend the list of goods and services after the trade mark has been registered. It is possible, however, to cancel goods or services.
Request a change to a trade mark register entry
You can request the following register changes online:
- Changes relating to the trade mark owner (assignment of the trade mark, change of name and address, correction of errors)
- Changes relating to the representative, licensees, usufructuaries and pledgees (entry or deletion, change of names and addresses, correction of errors)
Further information on the online service for register changes
Submit register changes electronically or by filling in a form
You can also request changes to the register by sending an email to tm.admin or by post. You can find an overview of the submission channels for register changes as well request forms on our @ekomm.ipi .chwebsite.
Requests for division, transfer, withdrawal and cancellation of an application or a trade mark require a signature. A corresponding PDF attachment must be submitted as an official document of evidence, either online or by email.
Documents & links
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"