For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Figures on counterfeiting and piracy
Counterfeiting and piracy causes significant harm to consumers, the economy and the public sector. On this page, you will find figures on the far-reaching consequences of the counterfeiting industry.
OECD study ‘Counterfeiting, Piracy and the Swiss Economy’ This 2020 report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) outlines the effects of counterfeit and illegally copied products on the Swiss economy. It examines the extent and the consequences of the global trade in Swiss products. The study focuses on the four Swiss industrial sectors: the watch industry, electrical and mechanical engineering and metal industry, the consumer goods industry and the pharmaceutical industry. The study was commissioned by the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI).
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"