For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Trade mark registration
To register a trade mark, send us the completed form by post or use the electronic application system e-trade mark.
Individuals and companies domiciled outside of Switzerland must use a representative in Switzerland. In general, we recommend retaining a specialist for your trade mark registration as trade mark law and practice is complex.
- Trade mark database: In the IPI's trade mark database, you will find all Swiss trade marks and trade mark applications, and have access to international trade marks with protection extended to Switzerland. In it, you can carry out an initial search for trade marks registered in Switzerland. However, please note that a search in this database is not sufficient to fully clarify whether there is any conflict between one sign and another. You can find more information on this in the help section of the trade mark database.
- www.ipi.ch/e-trademark: Online trade mark registration
- Professional searches: Providers of professional trade mark and patent searches and monitoring
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"