For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Although the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) takes all reasonable care to ensure the correctness of the information published, no guarantee can be given that it is correct, accurate, up-to-date or complete.
The IPI expressly reserves the right to change, delete or temporarily not publish any content, in full or in part, without prior notice.
The IPI is not liable in any event, to the extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage of a material or immaterial nature arising from access to or use or non-use of published information, or from misuse of the connection or technical faults.
References and links
References and links to third party websites are outside of the IPI’s scope of responsibility. Any access and use of such websites is entirely at the user’s own risk. The IPI expressly states that it has no influence whatsoever over the design, content or offers of any linked site. The information and services of any linked site is entirely the responsibility of the relevant third party.
We do not assume any responsibility for the content of such websites.
Information on the IPI’s websites is accessible to the public. Downloading or copying content, images, photos or any other data does not constitute any transfer of rights regarding the downloaded material.
Copyright and any other rights relating to content, images, photos or any other data available on the IPI’s websites are the exclusive property of the IPI or of any other explicitly mentioned rights owner. Any reproduction requires the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"