For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Contact and location
Whether by telephone, at specialist exhibitions, at seminars or at our offices in Bern, we're here to help you. Don't hesitate to contact us. You can also use our feedback form to get in touch.
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Telephone +41 31 377 77 77
Email info @ipi .ch
Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00.
The IPI is closed on the following official holidays: 1 and 2 January, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day, Whit Monday, 1 August and 24, 25, 26 and 31 December.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"