For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
As a progressive employer, we offer attractive terms of employment and social benefits.
Balancing personal life, family and career
We want our employees to be able to combine their personal and family life with their career. That's why we allow a variety of part-time and home-office working models.
We provide 16 weeks of maternity leave and four weeks of paternity leave – both at full pay.
In addition to the cantonal family allowance, we also pay an additional allowance that is higher than the statutory minimum. Employees with children under the age of seven also receive an income-related childcare allowance.
Our employees are insured under a defined contribution plan with the Swiss Federal Pension Fund PUBLICA. The contribution amount is staggered according to age. We bear the risk premiums and contribute at least 50% of the savings contributions. It's also possible to make additional voluntary contributions.
In addition to compulsory accident insurance (we pay two-thirds of the premium), all of our employees are insured for supplementary accident insurance. This covers additional services, such as medical treatment in a semi-private room at the least. Your salary will continue to be paid for two years; the amount is dependent on your length of employment with the IPI.
Length of service awards
Half-fare and GA travelcards
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"