For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Procurement at the IPI
We procure goods and services in accordance with the principles of public procurement law – in a fair and transparent manner.
The IPI is subject to the Federal Act on Public Procurement (PPA) and applies the General Terms and Conditions of the Confederation (available in German, French or Italian). We are committed to procuring in a socially responsible manner. It is therefore highly important to us that health and safety regulations, working conditions and environment law are respected, men and women are treated equally and corrupt dealings are avoided.
Publication of procurements
You can find information on contracts we have awarded as follows:
Planned and awarded contracts which exceed the WTO threshold of 230,000 Swiss francs are published on www.simap.ch, the information system for public procurement in Switzerland.
We provide information on all other awarded contracts with a value of 50,000 Swiss francs and above on an annual basis on this site.
We are happy to provide you with further information. Please send your enquiry by email to the IPI's Procurement Unit.
Documents & links
Procurements from 50,000 Swiss francs in 2022 (in German)
Federal Act on Public Procurement (PPA)
Ordinance on Public Procurement (PPO)
General Terms and Conditions of the Confederation (in German, French or Italian)
Information from the Federal Office for Buildings and Logistics (FOBL) for tenderers (in German, French or Italian)
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"