For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
For questions regarding patents, trade marks, designs, and copyright, we are available
Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00
Telephone +41 31 377 77 77
e-mail: info@ipi .ch
What do you think of this guide? Your opinion is important to us! Feedback Form
Please note that we cannot advise on questions of strategy or cases of conflict. Please contact a patent or trade mark attorney or other intellectual property specialist.
Good luck turning your good ideas into successful products!
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has published an informative guide to patents, trade marks and designs for small and medium sized businesses. It can be downloaded directly from the WIPO website (www.wipo.int) as a PDF.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"