For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Protecting trade marks
Consumers make buying decisions every day. Product brands can help them to decide which product to buy. This is because they allow the consumer to make a connection between the product and the manufacturer, the quality, the origin and the price. Manufacturers individualise their products or services through trade marks and their depiction of them. Here, entrepreneurs tell about their own brand strategy experiences.
Marketing with a seal of quality
Guaranteed energy efficiency: how Aarplan Architekten AG put the 'Minergie' mark to use.
Ronald Huber, Aarplan Architekten AG, Solothurn SO
State-certified creativity - the renowned Zurich industrial designer Beat Karrer is a regular customer at the IPI.
Beat Karrer, Studio Beat Karrer GmbH, Zurich ZH
Ophthalmology with perspectives
IP-refinement with strong partners - for its entry into the US market, the Zurich Eye Clinic IROC teams up with licensees.
Michael Mrochen, CEO, Iroc AG, Zurich ZH
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"