For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Would you like your company to be online? Then remember to register your domain name as soon as possible.
Domain names that end with .ch (Switzerland) and .li (Liechtenstein) can be registered via various accredited registrars. The top-level domain .swiss is administered by OFCOM.
Find out if the domain name you want to use is still available. You can search for domain names that have already been registered via the websites of accredited registrars.
Did you know that a protected trade mark and a domain name can conflict with each other? Before you register your domain name, we recommend that you determine whether identical or similar names have already been registered as trade marks. To do this, you can have a search provider carry out a search for you.
Caution: if you want to patent your invention or protect the design of your product, we strongly recommend not putting your website online until you've filed for protection. Publishing information about your product would destroy the novelty of it and make the invention or design ineligible for protection.
- Information sheet on areas of potential conflict between signs, only available in German, French and Italian.
- www.nic.ch: For registering domain names ending in .ch and .li.
- www.nic.swiss: For registering domain names ending in .swiss.
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN): For registering domain names ending in .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .name. Resources.
- Trade mark database: In the IPI's trade mark database, you will find all Swiss trade marks and trade mark applications, and have access to international trade marks with protection extended to Switzerland. In it, you can carry out an initial search for trade marks registered in Switzerland. However, please note that a search in this database is not sufficient to fully clarify whether there is any conflict between one sign and another. You can find more information on this in the help section of the trade mark database.
- Professional searches: Searches for identical or similar trade marks protected in Switzerland can be carried out by a variety of professional providers.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"