For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Cooperating with partners in the development phase can shorten the time needed and lead to more thought-out solutions.
If several people have worked together on an invention, the patent rights are jointly owned. This is provided for in patent law. We recommend defining the legal relationship and intellectual property rights contractually from the start.
Don't know how to utilise your invention yourself? Technology transfer (TT) offices can find partners in business or research for you.
Good to know
- Do you want to protect your invention or design? Then file your application for protection before you tell someone else about it and destroy the 'novelty' (a condition for protection). Or, you can sign a confidentiality agreement with your partners. Patent attorneys (or other specialists) can help you.
- www.switt.ch: To find links to technology transfer offices, you can go to the website of the Association of the Swiss Professionals for Academic Technology Transfer.
- www.innosuisse.ch: State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) supports projects in research and development between higher education institutes and businesses. Further information can be found on the Innosuisse website.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"