For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Elements of a design that can't be protected
Design protection does not automatically protect an entire product.
Design protection covers the external appearance and visual impression of a product. The manufacture, utility, intended use and technical effect of a design are not protected.
Animated creations are not currently covered by design protection in Switzerland.
Design elements that breach the Coat of Arms Protection Act (e.g. the Swiss cross) or the names and signs of the organisations of the United Nations and other intergovernmental organisations
(e.g. UNICEF), cannot be protected.
Documents & links
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"