For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Searching in design registers and more
A search helps you to verify the novelty of a design.
In the Swiss designs register Swissreg you can search the Swiss register for registered designs, under title, owner or classification.
Other national offices, such as the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) as well as interregional organisations such as the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) allow you to conduct similar searches in their own registers.
Designview is a practical tool for searching for designs in several countries. It is run by the EUIPO and offers access to the design data of all participating offices, including the data of the DPMA, the EUIPO, the WIPO and the IPI. The information available is purely informative.
Please note that the requirements regarding image reproduction of protected designs vary by country. This means that some designs may be difficult to find. Some design searches may also not be exhaustive for other reasons. New products may be protected anywhere in the world, or not protected as a design at all.
We also recommend keeping an eye on the market, on product exhibitions and on trade literature, as well as doing your own image searches on the internet. Don't hesitate to consult a specialist if necessary.
Documents & links
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"