For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Representing your design
The illustration of your design determines the scope of protection.
The illustration should clearly depict all the relevant information of the design. You can represent the design in the following ways:
- drawings without labels
- renderings, i.e. 3D representations of objects (not animated)
- black and white or colour photos with a good contrast
Drawings, renderings and photos in black and white or grey scale are not binding with regards to colour.
The number of illustrations that you can submit is unlimited, but additional publication costs apply if you submit two or more illustrations.
A machine-readable description of no more than 100 words can also be included with the illustrations. It will be published but does not affect the scope of protection.
For details of the technical requirements for illustrations, please see Guide for registering a design.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"