For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
The classification tool
The IPI's classification tool helps you to create the list of goods and services (LGS). You can use the classification tool for:
- Searching for accepted goods and services
- Correctly classifying goods and services
- Translating individual terms or complete lists into German, French, Italian and English.
The classification tool checks your terms for conformity with the IPI's database as well as with the terms of the International Nice Classification. By using the Classification Tool, you can significantly speed up your application.
Use the classification tool to speed up the examination procedure.
If most of the goods and services in the classification tool are marked green, your application qualifies for an early trade mark examination.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"