For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Enforce your rights as a patent owner
It is the responsibility of patent owners to identify cases of infringement and enforce their rights. You should therefore keep an eye on the market and pay close attention to your competitors and their products.
Is someone taking advantage of your invention without your permission? Take a considered approach in such cases. Document the unlawful acts. A patent attorney or solicitor can help you analyse the situation. He or she will clarify the legal situation and can suggest further courses of action.
Many cases of infringement occur unintentionally and the parties involved are usually able to resolve them out of court. This is quicker and cheaper than litigation. Often, it is sufficient to simply send a cease-and-desist letter indicating the infringing act and describing the legal situation and consequences if the infringement continues. You can also offer to negotiate a licensing agreement.
If you are unable to reach an agreement, you can bring an action for patent infringement before the Federal Patent Court (infringement action).
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"