For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Renew your trade mark in good time
If your trade mark has been registered, it is protected for a period of ten years. After this, you can continue to renew it for ten years at a time for CHF 700. To do so, please send us an application for renewal and pay the renewal fee in due time before the term of protection of the trade mark expires. If you apply and pay for the renewal after the term of protection has expired, a surcharge will be due.
We will generally remind you ahead of time that protection for your trade mark is going to expire. However, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you apply and pay for the renewal in good time.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"