For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Modifying the technical documents
During the examination procedure, it may be that the technical documents need to be revised. What do you need to take into consideration?
Extensive changes make it necessary to rewrite individual pages or sometimes even the entire text. If a revision goes beyond the original contents, this can result in the application being rejected. Therefore, you should only make changes if you can prove that:
- The newly defined subject-matter was already contained in the original documents
- The added elements were already known at the time of the filing, which means that they were already part of the verifiable prior art
When submitting changes, additions or replacements of the technical documents, it is necessary to indicate to which patent application the documents belong so that they can be correctly assigned.
Therefore, the purpose of a modification can only be to more clearly define the subject-matter of the invention or to restrict the scope of protection in light of the description. It is not possible to make additions or further develop the invention by changing the technical documents. This can only be done by submitting a new application.
The revised documents must be accompanied by a signed change request and must include the application number.
Documents & links
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"