For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
What is your design worth?
The value of your design is not only an aesthetic one. A registered design is also a tradable commodity because you can sell it or licence it. Licensing means that others pay you a fee for the use of your design.
You have to negotiate the sales price or the license fees with the interested parties. For such negotiations, it is best to contact a specialised lawyer.
Patent Attorney Register and List of trade mark consultants
Don't forget to update the design register accordingly.
Preserving the value of your design
If you want to make sure that your registered design doesn't go unnoticed, get proactive. Label your design article with a noticeable “Modèle déposé” or “Mod. dép.” and make reference to this when advertising your design product. Remember to carefully observe the market and keep an eye on your competitors’ registered designs in order to recognise possible imitations.
Documents & links
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"