For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Patent attorney associations in CH and FL
The VESPA, ASPTA and LIPAV represent independent patent attorneys. You can find a patent attorney of your choice through the member directories. They will advise you on all issues concerning patent protection and can represent you in the examination procedure before the European Patent Office.
Member list of the Association of Swiss and European Patent Attorneys in Private Practice (VESPA).
Member list of the Association of Swiss Patent and Trademark Attorneys (ASPTA).
Member list of the Liechtenstein Patent Attorneys Association (LIPAV).
In addition, there is also the Association of Swiss Industry Patent Attorneys VIPS/ACBIS and the Swiss Association of French-Speaking Patent Specialists AROPI.
Documents & links
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"