The purpose of the technical drawings is to illustrate how the features of the invention interact based on examples of carrying out the invention. This is why unessential details should be left out.
Technical drawings must be black and white line drawings. It must also be possible to copy or reproduce them. Reference signs in the technical drawing create the context for the description.
You can get an idea of how a patent specification is structured and formulated in our sample document. Or you can order a print copy of a patent specification and we will send it to you free of charge.
- Brochure «Applying for a patent» in German
- Brochure «Applying for a patent» in French
- Brochure «Applying for a patent» in Italian
- Technical Documents in German
- Technical Documents in French
- Technical Documents in Italian
- Technical documentation example in German
- Technical documentation example in French
- Technical documentation example in Italian
21.11.2018 | Partners and initiatives
BioInnovation Day in Geneva – the IPI awards prizes for inventions
Revised guidelines for the substantive examination of national patent applications effective 1 January 2019
Info event on using strategic patent analyses on 11.4.2018 in Zurich
14.02.2018 | Event
Stakeholder Discussions on: Innovation, availability and affordability of medical products. Can we achieve it all?
27.09.2017 | Event
Séminaire IPI / LES: «développements récents en droit des marques», jeudi le 9 novembre 2017 au Novotel Genève