For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Stay innovative. Take advantage of the IPI’s digital offering.
The measures to limit the pandemic are hitting many companies hard: revenue losses, liquidity bottlenecks and short-time working. So ideas are in demand right now, not only to develop crisis-proof business models in the short term, but also to optimally shape the new start post-crisis in the longer term. During this challenging period, the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IGE) is supporting innovative and creative people with a broad digital offering.
Whether online or by telephone, the IPI is answering your questions about all intellectual property rights, while trade marks can be registered digitally with us. Where possible, we are also supporting applicants and rights holders threatened with procedural disadvantages due to the new coronavirus.
Do you have an idea for an invention? To support SMEs and start-ups in Switzerland, the IPI is carrying out assisted patent searches and assisted patent landscape analyses free of charge from 1 April to 31 May 2020. The searches take place via an online meeting solution. All other basic conditions for the two services continue to apply without restriction.
Keep up to date on the measures taken by the IPI due to the current extraordinary situation.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"