Training and courses at the IPI
Courses with a practical approach on areas related to the various IP rights for all levels of knowledge and experience.
Have you created, developed or invented a name, logo, design, new technical solution, software program or artistic work? Then, of course, you should be the one to reap the benefits of these innovations – not free riders. The following tips will help you to effectively manage your valuable intellectual capital.
1. Consider protecting your innovations and creations as intellectual property (IP).
Industrial property rights, i.e. trade marks, patents and designs as well as copyright, provide the best protection against any possible misuse.
2. Protect your IP at an early stage. This will prevent competitors, for example, from registering your ideas as their intellectual property and thereby limiting your scope for doing business.
3. Ensure that your products or services do not infringe others’ IP rights. In this way, you can avoid receiving a formal warning or your product being taken off the market and having to pay damages.
4. Use publicly accessible information to your advantage. Carrying our searches in trade mark and patent databases can inspire you or help you to determine the novelty of your invention or to monitor the competition.
5. Turn your IP into cash. You can sell trade marks, patents, designs and copyright or give permission to others to use them in exchange for a licence fee.
IP rights are not mandatory – however, effective management of IP certainly is.
We would be happy to answer your questions on protecting innovations and creations. You might also be interested in our range of services. For example, you can take a closer look at your invention with an assisted patent search or obtain advice on protecting inventions or software from a patent attorney with a free, 45 minute consultation.
European Inventor Award 2021: Swiss researcher in the final
New electronic IP rights administration system for patents and designs from Summer 2021
The IPI ‘Your photo. Your copyright.’ special prize awarded at the LernFilm Festival 2021
CIPCO/IPI ‘Intellectual property law in the age of artificial intelligence’ workshop on 11 June 2021
Swiss Innovation Forum 2020 to be held as an online festival