For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Successful trade marks, patents, designs, and copyright are valuable assets that can be traded at any time. They can be sold (transferred) or permission for use can be given to others (e.g. for a licensing fee or for free).
We advise you to have licensing agreements, and, above all, rights transfers, entered into the register. This is particularly beneficial in case of a conflict because anyone of good faith may assume that the register is correct.
Licensing agreements must be carefully negotiated and fixed. An attorney specialising in licensing contracts can help you.
- Transferring and licensing trade mark rights. The page also has a link to the form you need to submit.
- www.wipo.int: A comprehensive guide to licensing can be purchased through the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in Geneva: Exchanging Value. Negotiating Technology Licensing Agreements.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"