For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
International success for Swiss Youth in Science competitor
Swiss Youth in Science competitor Noa Sendlhofer has notched up a fantastic achievement. The 20-year-old ranked second in the Robotics and Intelligent Machines category at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair 2022 (ISEF) in Atlanta on 14 May. His project was on the ‘Development and Construction of a Low-Cost Six-Axis Robot Arm’. This recognition places the young Swiss researcher among the best in the world.
Alongside finalists from 63 countries, Noa Sendlhofer presented his project to an international jury of experts over the course of five days in Atlanta. His journey to the world’s largest science project competition began in April 2021, when he was awarded a distinction in the Swiss Youth in Science national competition. The young researcher also won an additional prize, namely the opportunity to participate in the ISEF in the United States.
The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) has been a partner of Swiss Youth in Science for years and conducts workshops in which it informs young people about intellectual property.
Noa Sendlhofer’s project (in German)
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"