Changes to your register entry – such as address changes or a trade mark assignment – can be made directly to your IP right entry in the Trade Mark Database. This ensures that your correct and complete request will reach us without delay.
This option is available for the following register changes:
- Changes relating to the trade mark owner:
- Assignment of the trade mark, change of name and address, correction of errors
- Changes relating to the representative, licencees, usufructuaries and pledgees:
- Entry or deletion, change of names and addresses, correction of errors
If submitting changes as a guest, an official document of evidence is required – except if changing a name or address.
Submitting changes online offers several advantages over requesting register changes via email or post:
- Your request will automatically include all the necessary information.
- We will process your request more quickly.
- You can share your request with other people via a link and directly process acknowledgements of receipt of register changes.
- You can stop working on a request and continue it at a later date.
- Official documents of evidence are encrypted when transmitted.
If you are an owner or representative, it is particularly worth getting a user account. It allows you to request register changes for several trade marks or applications simultaneously. Collective changes can be made for all changes concerning the trade mark owner or representative. You can also view the status of your register changes at any time. Finally, registered owners or representatives of an IP right with a user account do not have to submit any official documents of evidence. An exception to this is the cancellation of third party rights such as licences.
The quickest way to access the online service for register changes is via this direct link.
Alternatively, you can log in to the trade mark database with your user account. Or, select the desired trade mark or application in detail view and click on 'Change' and log in with your user account or as a guest.
As soon as a register change has been made, it is published in Swissreg.
Please note that register changes can only be made in German, French or Italian.
Switzerland maintains its position as innovation world champion even in COVID times
Second online workshop CIPCO/IPI ‘Legal framework of intellectual property for AI - technical and economic aspects’ on 13 September 2021
Modernising the patent examination procedure
Swiss producers to benefit from better international protection for geographical indications
Swiss Innovation Forum 2020 to be held as an online festival