- The IPI is an active player of the Swiss Health Foreign Policy (SHFP), which was approved by the Federal Council in 2019.
- The trilateral study conducted by the WHO, WIPO and the WTO "promoting access to medical technologies and innovation" addresses the questions and challenges in the intersections between public health, innovation and intellectual property.
- In May 2011 a working group of the Swiss government (co-led by the IPI) published an overview on the implementation and contribution of Swiss actors (PDF) to the WHO's Global Strategy and Plan of Action on Public Health, Innovation and Intellectual Property.
- The Access to Medicines Foundation publishes an index every two years which ranks the efforts made by the 20 largest research-based pharmaceutical companies to make their relevant medicines accessible to poor populations and how successful they are at doing so.
- The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a foundation under Swiss law. It is fully financed by UNITAID. The foundation negotiates licence agreements with patent holders, primarily for HIV treatments. Since the end of 2015 the foundation has also been involved in the negotiation of licences for drugs to treat co-infection diseases such as tuberculosis and hepatitis C.
- WIPO's Re:SEARCH platform is a consortium designed to encourage research and development of new drugs, vaccines and diagnostics for neglected diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis. It provides access to the intellectual property of certain medicines and to data as well as to relevant contacts for research activities.
“Plenty of potential for new synergies”: Meeting on voluntary licensing in Bern
Don’t have a black day on Black Friday: how to avoid fake bargains
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"
Conference on intellectual property law – industrial data sharing, 7 June 2022
EPO/IPI - invitation to a free public online seminar on patenting topics in green tech