For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
How SMEs protect their primary raw material – know-how
Inspiring projects relating to innovation will be presented at the Swiss Innovation Forum (SIF) in Basel on 18 November. After being held virtually last year, the event will take place in person again in 2021.
The conference highlights that innovation is the basis for success, especially in these exceptional times. The forum is an inspiring platform for exchanging ideas, networking and developing new ideas together with creative minds. Meet like-minded people from other industries and get inspired while networking and creating new visions.
IPI represented with a stand and a breakout session
The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) will be present as a main partner with a stand at the Future Expo, where our experts will answer questions about trade marks, patents and designs.
The IPI’s breakout session (‘Know-how – the key to business success’) will focus on preserving knowledge within a company. Professor Horst-Richard Jekel will present the strategic challenges companies are faced with today. Using practical examples, he will illustrate how SMEs have established themselves on the market with their inventions, while paying particular attention to the strategic protection of know-how. You will learn how to keep up with new developments and recognise the value of know-how in a company. Register now and secure your place at our session today.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"