For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
More support for innovative SMEs and start-ups – assisted patent searches at a reduced fee until the end of 2020
The initiative of the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) to support innovative start-ups and SMEs with free assisted patent searches in April and May 2020 was a huge success. More than twice as many customers wanted to take advantage of this helpful service than the average in recent years.
However, the economic crisis triggered by the pandemic is not yet over, and SMEs and start-ups are still facing a stiff challenge. Therefore, the IPI would like to continue supporting them in this situation, which is why it is offering assisted patent searches und assisted patent landscape analyses until 31 December 2020 for CHF 100 instead of CHF 300.
The IPI's assisted patent searches provide entrepreneurs with an important basis to decide on the next steps they can take with regard to their idea or invention. Ideas without potential can be discarded, while promising inventions can be pursued. In this way, the IPI supports visionary entrepreneurs in advancing their innovations.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"