For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
World IP Day – celebrating all inventive and creative women
Female inventors are the focus of this year’s World Intellectual Property Day. For generations, women have shaped our world with their ingenuity and creativity.
On 26 April, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will be celebrating innovative women across the globe under the heading ‘Women and IP’. “Women everywhere are driving scientific breakthroughs, setting new creative trends and building businesses,” WIPO stated in its announcement.
Meet the innovative and creative women
In Switzerland, too, women are developing new business ideas, filing patent applications and creating designs. In our IPI blog, we present some of these innovators.
- Jin Lii: The cardiology researcher breaking new ground
- Judith Wemmer: For a meat-free future
- Olga Dubey: From university lab to Swiss agrotech start-up
- Karin Sieber: From an idea to a protected design
- Further reading: You can thank women for these inventions (nau.ch, in German)
Every year, the Geneva-based organisation WIPO proclaims 26 April to be World Intellectual Property Day to increase awareness of the topic of IP. Intellectual property offices and institutes around the world also take part in the campaign.
- Do you have a bright idea or have you invented something? How to make the most of your intellectual property
- More on this year’s World IP Day
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"