For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
WIPO launches its own digital evidence service: WIPO PROOF
With WIPO PROOF, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has launched a global online service that provides proof of the existence of a digital file at a specific point in time.
The new service complements WIPO’s existing intellectual property systems by helping creators to take verifiable measures to better protect the results of their work.
The system is intended to reduce the risk of future legal disputes. WIPO acts as a time-stamping authority by issuing so-called ‘tokens’ (digital fingerprints of a digital file, stamped with the date and time, in any format and size).
WIPO Proof should make the settlement of IP disputes much easier. However, the instrument as such does not provide absolute IP protection. It neither guarantees the existence of the alleged right nor does it bind a court in its assessment of evidence.
Dieser «WIPO-Beweis» soll die Beilegung IP-Streitigkeiten wesentlich erleichtern. Allerdings bietet das Instrument als solches keinen absoluten IP-Schutz. Es garantiert weder den Bestand des behaupteten Rechts, noch ist der Richter dadurch in seiner Beweiswürdigung gebunden.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"