For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Ticino start-ups present their innovations
On 4 December, start-ups presented their innovations as part of the Boldbrain Startup Challenge in Lugano. First place was awarded to Orchestra, a software start-up. The winners received 40,000 Swiss francs and a scholarship worth 45,000 Swiss francs. 400 people attended the ceremony.
The Boldbrain programme supports start-ups in the various stages of developing a business idea. It focuses on technological innovations. The programme is organised by the Fondazione Agire / Tecnopolo Ticino and it culminates in the Startup Challenge competition.
The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) has been working with Agire since autumn 2018. As part of this collaboration, since January, the IPI has been offering assisted patent searches at the Agire location in Manno. So far, ten customers have taken advantage of the offer from the fields of chemistry, life sciences, physics and electronics. The service enables companies to put their idea or invention under the microscope and find out if it is new and how they may want to proceed.
The IPI is offering assisted patent searches to all finalists of the Boldbrain Startup Challenge.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"