For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Stefan Hostettler Fischer elected to the IPI’s Institute Council
At its meeting on 11 January 2023, the Federal Council elected Stefan Hostettler Fischer as Secretary General of the Swiss Federal Department of Justice and Police (FDJP) and member of the Institute Council of the IPI, with effect from 1 February 2023. In the role of Secretary General of the FDJP and member of the Institute Council, he succeeds Barbara Hübscher Schmuki, the new Secretary General of the Federal Department of Finance (FDF).
The Institute Council, composed of nine members, is the IPI’s chief operational governing body. It sets the IPI’s fees and approves the IPI’s budget, annual report and financial statements. In addition, the Institute Council determines the composition of the Executive Board (with the exception of the Director General, who is elected by the Federal Council). The Secretary General of the FDJP represents the federal government in the Institute Council of the IPI.
Federal Council media release (available in German, French or Italian)
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"