For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
New IPI directive for the supervision of the collective rights management organisations
From 1 January 2018, the new IPI directive for the supervision of the collective rights management organisations comes into force. It sets out guidelines for the IPI as supervisory authority when reviewing the management of the collective rights management organisations. The new directive will apply as of the reporting for the business year 2018.
The goal of the modernisation was to bring the directive up to date with regard to the current accounting methods as well as updating the interaction between the reviews conducted by the IPI on the one hand and those by the auditors on the other. All collective rights management organisations currently use the accounting standard Swiss GAAP FER and it is the basis of the new directive. It is already an extensive requirement of SWISS GAAP FER that details of revenue, expenditure and management be disclosed. Transparent collective management is in the interest not only of the collective rights management organisations and their members and users, but also in the interest of policy-makers and the public.
In the future, the collective rights management organisations can report to the IPI electronically.
The modernised directive allows the IPI to carry out supervision effectively and in an up-to-date way.
- New IPI directive for the supervision of the collective rights management organisations from 2018 in German / French (pdf)
- Site supervision of the collective management organisations
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"