For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Geographical indications – Swiss producers should benefit from a simple international protection system
Bündnerfleisch, Formaggio d'alpe ticinese or the designation “Swiss” for watches – geographical indications offer an important competitive edge in the global market. This is why it should in future be possible for Swiss producers to obtain protection for such indications in all member states of the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement via a simple, cost-effective application procedure. The Federal Council therefore submitted the item of business for consultation at its meeting on 22 May 2019. The consultation procedure will run until 20 September 2019.
You can find further information in the Federal Council’s media release.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"