For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Bilateral Relations with India
Switzerland has maintained intergovernmental relations with India for quite some time. This includes a bilateral dialogue on intellectual property and negotiations for a free trade agreement.
Switzerland and India laid the foundation for regular exchange on all important issues in the area of intellectual property with a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) (pdf) in 2007. The dialogue is a forum for exchanging experience among the responsible authorities and promotes collaboration in the international and multilateral area.
Within the federal administration, the Federal Institute of Intellectual property (IPI) is responsible for the bilateral dialogue and conducts this in collaboration with the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).
The bilateral dialogue on intellectual property is suspended during the negotiations on a free trade agreement between Switzerland and India.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"