For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Biodiversity and sustainable development
at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
For a number of years, the WIPO has been trying to protect the traditional knowledge of indigenous peoples with the help of a new legal instrument. You can find information on the Intergovernmental Committee for Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (IGC) appointed for this purpose in this section.
You can also find information on the Proposals by Switzerland in the IGC regarding the declaration of source of genetic resources and traditional knowledge in patent applications.
Further information on biodiversity and the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"