For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
The Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) is one of the most important international forums for negotiating key aspects of copyright and related rights. The SCCR is composed of all member states of WIPO and/or the Berne Union. Individual United Nations member states and various NGOs have observer status. The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) represents Switzerland on the SCCR.
The following topics are part of the SCCR's permanent agenda:
- protection of broadcasting organisations;
- exceptions and limitations for libraries and archives;
- exceptions and limitations for teaching and research institutions and for persons with disabilities.
The SCCR meetings may result in international agreements in the area of copyright and related rights, such as the WIPO Copyright Treaty and the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"