To register a trade mark, send us the completed form per post or fax, or use the electronic application system under e-trade mark.
Individuals and firms domiciled outside of Switzerland must use an agent in Switzerland to represent them. In general, we recommend retaining a specialist for your trade mark registration as trade mark law and practice is complex.
- Registering trade marks in Switzerland
- Brochure: Registering a trade mark (in German (pdf), French (pdf) and Italian (pdf))
- www.swissreg.ch: Swissreg publishes newly registered trade marks as well as modifications to previously registered marks. It is also possible to conduct preliminary search for national registered trade marks. Such a search is not a substitute for a professional search when considering a trade mark registration because Swissreg does not allow similarity searches and the database does not contain international trade marks with extension in Switzerland.
- https://e-trademark.ige.ch: Online trade mark registration
- Professional searches: Providers of professional trade mark and patent searches and monitoring
21.09.2018 | Law and policy
Information event on the revised Patents Act for experts and practitioners
Info event on using strategic patent analyses on 11.4.2018 in Zurich
14.02.2018 | Event
Stakeholder Discussions on: Innovation, availability and affordability of medical products. Can we achieve it all?
Séminaire IPI / LES: «développements récents en droit des marques», jeudi le 9 novembre 2017 au Novotel Genève
Patents and pharmaceuticals - Public event at the IPI in collaboration with the European Patent Office