To register a trade mark, send us the completed form per post or fax, or use the electronic application system under e-trade mark.
Individuals and firms domiciled outside of Switzerland must use an agent in Switzerland to represent them. In general, we recommend retaining a specialist for your trade mark registration as trade mark law and practice is complex.
- Registering trade marks in Switzerland
- Brochure: Registering a trade mark (in German (pdf), French (pdf) and Italian (pdf))
- www.swissreg.ch: Swissreg publishes newly registered trade marks as well as modifications to previously registered marks. It is also possible to conduct preliminary search for national registered trade marks. Such a search is not a substitute for a professional search when considering a trade mark registration because Swissreg does not allow similarity searches and the database does not contain international trade marks with extension in Switzerland.
- https://e-trademark.ige.ch: Online trade mark registration
- Professional searches: Providers of professional trade mark and patent searches and monitoring
15.02.2019 | Partners and initiatives
Young researchers are ready for the world of intellectual property
Successful interregional collaboration in the field of patents and health
Info event on using strategic patent analyses on 11.4.2018 in Zurich
14.02.2018 | Event
Stakeholder Discussions on: Innovation, availability and affordability of medical products. Can we achieve it all?
27.09.2017 | Event
Séminaire IPI / LES: «développements récents en droit des marques», jeudi le 9 novembre 2017 au Novotel Genève