To register a trade mark, send us the completed form per post or fax, or use the electronic application system under e-trade mark.
Individuals and firms domiciled outside of Switzerland must use an agent in Switzerland to represent them. In general, we recommend retaining a specialist for your trade mark registration as trade mark law and practice is complex.
- Registering trade marks in Switzerland
- Brochure: Registering a trade mark (in German (pdf), French (pdf) and Italian (pdf))
- www.swissreg.ch: Swissreg publishes newly registered trade marks as well as modifications to previously registered marks. It is also possible to conduct preliminary search for national registered trade marks. Such a search is not a substitute for a professional search when considering a trade mark registration because Swissreg does not allow similarity searches and the database does not contain international trade marks with extension in Switzerland.
- https://e-trademark.ige.ch: Online trade mark registration
- Professional searches: Providers of professional trade mark and patent searches and monitoring
Study: How important IP rights are for the Swiss economy
Better international protection for Swiss quality products
Roundtable on the protection of computer-implemented inventions
10.04.2019 | Event
The IPI at the Exhibition of Inventions in Geneva from 10 to 14 April 2019 - why not stop by and see us?