The Federal Council began the consultation process for the “Swissness” legislative amendment on 28 November 2007. See the press release in German (pdf), French (pdf) or Italian (pdf). The draft aims at two main goals: Firstly, protection for “Made in Switzerland” designations and the Swiss cross should be strengthened domestically and abroad, and, secondly, regulations regarding “Made in Switzerland” designations and the Swiss cross should be formulated more precisely in order to create greater legal certainty and clarity. The public consultation ended on 31 March 2008.
At its 15 October 2008 session, the Federal Council directed the Federal Department of Justice and Police (FDJP) to draft a legislative dispatch on the amendment of the Trade Mark Protection Act and the Coats of Arms Protection Act. See the press release (pdf in German, French or Italian).
- Draft of the Trade Mark Protection Act in German (pdf)
- Draft of the Coat of Arms Protection Act in German (pdf)
- Explanatory report in German (pdf)
- Cover letter for special interest groups in German (pdf)
- Cover letter for Cantons in German (pdf)
- List of addressees in German (pdf)
- Report on the results of the consultation 2007 in German (pdf)
- Report on the results of the consultation 2007 in French (pdf)
- Report on the results of the consultation 2007 in Italian (pdf)
The opinions of the authors expressed in the following legal opinions do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property or of the Federal Department of Justice and Police.
- Legal opinion of the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law on the protection of national signs Multilingual (pdf)0.94 MB
- Evaluation trademark search "Swissness" in German (pdf)327 KB
- "Swissness" Trademarks of the Swiss Confederation in German (pdf)879 KB
- Word mark search "Switzerland", November 13, 2006 in German (pdf)722 KB
- Trademark search "swiss cross", November 10, 2006 in German (pdf)19.13 MB
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
The motion “Towards a modern Swiss patent” has been approved – the IPI is preparing a preliminary draft of the revision of the Patents Act
08.11.2019 | Event
Symposium on Creative Approaches to Improving Access to Medicines Globally
Roundtable on the protection of computer-implemented inventions