For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Opportunities for career development
We support your career development because our success is due to the skills of our employees.
Education and training
We generously encourage professional education and training by bearing the costs, granting you the time you need and even concluding a training contract with you for larger projects. We place great emphasis on needs-oriented practical education and training.
Multilingual employees are crucial for us as we are part of the trilingual Federal Administration and an internationally-integrated centre of competence for all issues concerning intellectual property.
You can agree with your superior to acquire language skills as one of your annual goals for which we'll bear the costs and/or time. We'll also bear up to 60% of the costs if you decide to visit a private language course (German, French Italian or English).
We'll ensure that you are thoroughly introduced to your new job. During your induction period, you'll have a personal contact person who'll provide you with support and advice.
New managers are thoroughly prepared for their new role through internal and external training.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"