For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis
Gain valuable insights into your technology sector and your competitors by carrying out a one-day Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis with a patent expert from the IPI.
Together with a patent expert, you will compile a representative collection of patents in your technology sector. You will then examine the data and identify connections using suitable tools and analytical techniques.
In a Patent Landscape Analysis, we can look into:
- What technological trends can be identified?
- How has the number of patent applications changed over time? Who has recently entered the market and who has withdrawn from it?
- Who are the most active applicants and inventors? Who are your competitors or potential partners?
- How are applicants and inventors connected to each other through collaboration?
- Where are the geographical focuses?
- How old and large are the patent portfolios of specific applicants?
- How are you positioned with your own patent applications in this environment?
We recommend carrying out an Assisted Patent Search beforehand because it provides a good foundation for an Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis. You will gain a valuable initial overview of the state of the art in your technology sector, which will help you to proceed with the Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis as efficiently as possible.
We maintain complete confidentiality of all information exchanged between you and the IPI and of all search results.
Scope and results
Based on the time and databases available, we can carry out an initial basic analysis of a general field of technology by applicant, number of patent documents etc.
For a more detailed analysis, an Advanced Patent Landscape Analysis is required, particularly if specific fields of technology, qualitative patent indicators or a larger number of documents are to be examined. You can find search providers on our advanced searches page.
You will receive a report with the results and up to 50 of the patent citations found. A list of all patent numbers in the technology field examined will not be provided.
Duration and location
The Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis takes a maximum of eight hours. It is carried out together with you at the IPI or via an online meeting solution.
It is also possible to carry out the search at a partner location via an online meeting platform.
CHF 300 incl. VAT (IPI Fee Ordinance, GebV-IGE Art. 3 para. 2, only available in German, French or Italian). You have the right to a maximum of four assisted patent searches or assisted patent analyses within any twelve-month period.
You may eligible for a discount if you are participating in a funding programme.
- If you already have a voucher with a discount code from an innovation promoter, please include the code in the request form.
- On the requirements for funding programmes page, you will find the conditions for innovation promoters who do not offer vouchers. Please indicate whether you are participating in the declaration section of the form and confirm your acceptance of the conditions.
Request a search
Please complete and send us the online request form. And if you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them.
After the search
If you need further support in evaluating the analysis, we recommend seeking advice from a business consultant or a patent attorney. They will help you to interpret the results and plan your next steps.
Documents & links
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"