For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
International bibliographic search
Bibliographic data searches include the following:
- Name search: Information about the patents of an owner or inventor.
- Family search: Information about a patent family (i.e. in which countries a patent has been applied for or granted).
- Legal status search: Includes information about whether a patent is, for example, in force or cancelled, and who the current owner is.
If you are interested in patents and patent applications with effect only in Switzerland, or would like a more in-depth legal status search for other countries, please refer to our information sheet on patent register searches.
Documents & links
Want to stay up to date with the latest news? Subscribe to our newsletter or browse through the previous issues.