For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Do you want to challenge a questionable third-party patent? We can search for publications which could challenge the novelty or inventive step of the patented invention in question.
You can find the most important information on how we proceed with such a search as well as what is possible technically summarised in the validity search product flyer.
On request, we analyse, in-depth, the novelty and inventive step of an invention with regard to the state of the art as defined by you. Such in-depth analyses of validity can either be conducted independently or as a follow-up to a search. You can use the results as the basis of argumentation in patent disputes before a court, for example. It does not however constitute official information nor obligate the IPI in any possible official procedures.
The validity search is also known as an opposition search, invalidity search, patentability search, novelty search or prior-art search.
Want to stay up to date with the latest news? Subscribe to our newsletter or browse through the previous issues.