For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
A subject search provides you with an overview of the state of the art. It can help you:
- avoid expensive duplicate developments
- find solutions to technical problems
- stay up-to-date with the latest developments in technology
- obtain the needed basis for drafting a patent application.
- The Subject Search is also known as State-of-the-Art or Prior-Art Search.
- The Validity Search delivers documents which could challenge the novelty or inventive step of an invention – for instance, for opposition proceedings or nullity actions.
- While a Subject Search gives initial indications of whether a product or process could be infringing on a patent, it is not suitable for a definite determination of patent infringement. More in-depth analysis for this can be determined with an Freedom to Operate Search.
Want to stay up to date with the latest news? Subscribe to our newsletter or browse through the previous issues.