A subject search provides you with an overview of the state of the art. It can help you:
- avoid expensive duplicate developments
- find solutions to technical problems
- stay up-to-date with the latest developments in technology
- obtain the needed basis for drafting a patent application.
- The Subject Search is also known as State-of-the-Art or Prior-Art Search.
- The Validity Search delivers documents which could challenge the novelty or inventive step of an invention – for instance, for opposition proceedings or nullity actions.
- While a Subject Search gives initial indications of whether a product or process could be infringing on a patent, it is not suitable for a definite determination of patent infringement. More in-depth analysis for this can be determined with an Freedom to Operate Search.
10.08.2023 | Conference
CEPIUG 15th Anniversary Conference 17-18 September in Mailand (Fondazione Politecnico di Milano)