For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
List of protected public signs
You will find information on protected Swiss and foreign signs in the list of protected public signs. It is worth consulting this list before filing your trade mark application.
Use the list of protected public signs when you create your trade mark to avoid conflicts with emblems.
The database contains information on the coats of arms, flags and other emblems of the Confederation, the cantons, districts and communes. It also contains foreign signs protected under Article 6ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (Paris Convention).
Please note that the signs from Switzerland are continually being added to.
We have been maintaining the list since 1 January 2017 on the basis of Art. 18 of the Coat of Arms Protection Act (CAPA). Inclusion in the list is not necessary for the sign to be protected.
Documents & links
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"