A Subject Search provides you with an overview of the prior art. It can help you:
- avoid expensive duplicate developments
- find solutions to technical problems
- stay up-to-date with the latest developments in technology
- obtain the needed basis for drafting a patent application.
- The Subject Search is also known as State-of-the-Art or Prior-Art Search.
- The Validity Search delivers documents which could challenge the novelty or inventive step of an invention – for instance, for opposition proceedings or nullity actions.
- While a Subject Search gives initial indications of whether a product or process could be infringing on a patent, it is not suitable for a definite determination of patent infringement. More in-depth analysis for this can be determined with an Freedom to Operate Search.
"IP and AI – Dream and Reality" PATINFO 2019, 5 to 7 June 2019 in Ilmenau (Germany)
A patent analysis offers a glimpse into the digital future – specialist lecture at «Patente 2019» in Munich