What's happening in my own technology sector?
These search options are put to use in the IPI’s Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis. The analysis doesn’t only focus on competitors, however. The patent expert also provides the customer with a core set of relevant patent documents. This collection is compiled based on various criteria. Customers often wish to analyse a particular technology sector or area of application. Equally, however, the place of origin or name of an inventor or applicant could also be used as a filter.
Discovering the big picture
The expert and customer then examine the data together using tools and analysis techniques to see the big picture. The Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis delivers answers to the following questions, among others:
- How many patents are there in the specified sector?
- How is this number developing over time? Is it constant, increasing or decreasing?
- Who are the most active applicants and inventors?
- Who has recently entered the market and who has withdrawn from it?
- Which technological trends can be identified?
- Where are the geographical concentrations?
- How large and how old are the patent portfolios of specific applicants?
- How are you positioned with your own patent applications in this environment?
Please note: An Assisted Patent Landscape Analysis takes a maximum of one day and is aimed at SMEs, start-ups, individual inventors and public research institutes. The IPI is subject to strict confidentiality regarding all information exchanged with the customer and regarding the results of the search.
You can find more information: Assisted Patend Landscape Analysis