For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Streamlined opposition procedure at the European Patent Office
The European Patent Office (EPO) introduced a new practice for opposition procedures on 1 July 2016 with the aim of shortening such proceedings. It has optimised its internal workflows so that the total time needed for a decision in straightforward cases is reduced to 15 months, calculated as from expiry of the opposition period. This new practice continues to respect the general principles governing the procedure before the EPO, in particular the right to be heard (Article 113 (1) EPC).
You can find further information in the following video
Want to stay up to date with the latest news? Subscribe to our newsletter or browse through the previous issues.